Who I am: ABOUT
Jordi Sánchez is an Information Systems Engineer and Masters Degree in HCI.
What I do: PORTFOLIO
Most of my work has been confidential, but here you are some samples…
(also some code in my GitHub repositories)
Border areas is where interesting things happen; so I work on both:
- interaction between humans and computers, performing, analyzing and reporting multiple techniques of usability and UCD, either as an external consultant as well as a member of a development team;
- integration of research tasks into professional projects, publishing some of my work through papers, courses, speeches, blogs, etc.
Meanwhile, I’ve been developing other skills: languages (HTML, CSS, PHP, Python, …); CMS like Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, Sitecore, …; SEO techniques; web analytics; Windows development; etc.
Full-stack web development
This personal website itself has been fully implemented by me using WordPress and responsive web design, and is hosted in an Amazon AWS hosting.
Analysis and implementation of La Morenita, a full e-commerce website based on PrestaShop.
Other developments (Windows)
What is usability/UX/accessibility?
Slideshow used during my speech “Usabilidad, UX y accesibilidad: qué son y por qué deberían preocuparme”. I have given this talk in several places: VLCTesting, PalmaActiva, ParcBIT, Cambra Comerç Mallorca, …
Usability user testing
Execution and results of user tests performed for a Joomla! congress. Don’t miss the videos embedded in the slideshow!
Examples of quick informal usability evaluations published on my blog:
- Some design considerations on Softonic, a popular website for software downloads.
My personal project UX manager (former UCDmanager) is a web application aimed to manage and document User eXperience, User-Centered Design and usability techniques, in an integrated manner: user roles, personas, heuristic evaluations, usability user testing, etc… Fully developed and maintaned by me using Drupal; includes a Windows app.
Research & dissemination
UX Magazine published my article about a proposal for a set of psychological usability heuristics, which includes a spreadsheet to apply them on real evaluations.
The Spanish magazine “No Solo Usabilidad” published my article about the real meaning of User-Centered Design: En busca del Diseño Centrado en el Usuario, which also includes a proposal, this time for a more practical definition of UCD.
Some other proposals published on my blog trying to achieve better usability and UCD techniques:
- Rich web applications usability heuristics: heuristics to evaluate 2.0 web interfaces.
- ‘UX interpretations’ as a UCD technique: a new technique to integrate traditional+UX requirements.
- Ship-boarding usability: minimum set of techniques to apply when usability is incorporated into ongoing projects.
- ‘Top lists’ as heuristics for simple usability evaluations: at least check you’re not making the most common mistakes.
- An approach to an integrated software-releases workflow: organize your development environments to integrate testing+UX.
I’ve done several reports in order to evaluate the accessibility conformance of several websites; some of them became part of public talks I gave, like this one about the accessibility of three websites belonging to government agencies.
How I can help you: SERVICIOS
Definir cómo deben ser tus páginas (pantallas) o cómo mejorar las actuales
Prototipado interfaces; evaluaciones usabilidad; pruebas con usuarios; …
Posicionamiento (SEO); responsive design; multinavegador y multiplataforma; accesibilidad web; …
Programar tus interfaces
Crear tu web o aplicación
CMS (Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress, Sitecore); e-commerce (PrestaShop, Open Cart); PHP; Windows 8; …
Entender mejor a tus usuarios y sus necesidades
Analítica; requisitos (casos de uso, roles y “personas”); entrevistas; …
Formar en nuevas tecnologías
Formación sobre usabilidad / UX (introducción; técnicas: prototipado, evaluaciones); accesibilidad; cursos introducción web; …