Most of my work has been for internal projects, but here you are some samples…
UX & development
Personal project: full development of a UX application based on UX heuristics.
UX heuristics is my compilation of usability and accessibility heuristics based on Drupal. Every set of heuristics is also in the form of a spreadsheet to use them for evaluations.
Analysis and implementation of La Morenita, a full e-commerce website based on PrestaShop.
What is usability/UX/accessibility?
Slideshow used during my speech “Usabilidad, UX y accesibilidad: qué son y por qué deberían preocuparme”. I have given this talk in several places: VLCTesting, PalmaActiva, ParcBIT, Cambra Comerç Mallorca, …
Usability user testing
Execution and results of user tests performed for a Joomla! congress. Don’t miss the videos embedded in the slideshow!
Examples of quick informal usability evaluations published on my blog:
- Some design considerations on Softonic, a popular website for software downloads.
My personal project UX manager (former UCDmanager) is a web application aimed to manage and document User eXperience, User-Centered Design and usability techniques, in an integrated manner: user roles, personas, heuristic evaluations, usability user testing, etc… Fully developed and maintaned by me using Drupal; includes a Windows app.
Research & dissemination
UX Magazine published my article about a proposal for a set of psychological usability heuristics, which includes a spreadsheet to apply them on real evaluations.
The Spanish magazine “No Solo Usabilidad” published my article about the real meaning of User-Centered Design: En busca del Diseño Centrado en el Usuario, which also includes a proposal, this time for a more practical definition of UCD.
Some other proposals published on my blog trying to achieve better usability and UCD techniques:
- Rich web applications usability heuristics: heuristics to evaluate 2.0 web interfaces.
- ‘UX interpretations’ as a UCD technique: a new technique to integrate traditional+UX requirements.
- Ship-boarding usability: minimum set of techniques to apply when usability is incorporated into ongoing projects.
- ‘Top lists’ as heuristics for simple usability evaluations: at least check you’re not making the most common mistakes.
- An approach to an integrated software-releases workflow: organize your development environments to integrate testing+UX.
I’ve done several reports in order to evaluate the accessibility conformance of several websites; some of them became part of public talks I gave, like this one about the accessibility of three websites belonging to government agencies.