Who I am: ABOUT
Jordi Sánchez is an Information Systems Engineer and Masters Degree in HCI who tries to develop his work in the border areas between human and computers, and between research and professional projects.
What I do: PORTFOLIO
Border areas is where interesting things happen; so I work on both:
- the interaction between humans and computers, performing, analyzing and reporting multiple techniques of usability and UCD, either as an external consultant as well as a member of a development team;
- the integration of research tasks into professional projects, publishing some of my work through papers, courses, speeches, blogs, etc.
Meanwhile, I’ve been developing other skills: languages (HTML, CSS, PHP, Python, …); CMS like Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, Sitecore, …; SEO techniques; web analytics; Windows 8; etc.
Most of my work was confidential, but here you are some samples…
This personal website itself has been fully implemented by me using WordPress and responsive web design.
Other developments (Windows 8)
Usability user testing
Execution and results of user tests performed for a Joomla! congress. Don’t miss the videos embedded in the slideshow!
Examples of quick informal usability evaluations published on my blog:
- Some design considerations on Softonic, a popular website for software downloads.
My personal project UCDmanager is a web application aimed to manage and document User-Centered Design and usability techniques, in an integrated manner: user roles, personas, heuristic evaluations, usability user testing, etc… Fully developed and maintaned by me using Drupal.
Research & dissemination
UX Magazine published my article about a proposal for a set of psychological usability heuristics, which includes a spreadsheet to apply them on real evaluations.
The Spanish magazine “No Solo Usabilidad” published my article about the real meaning of User-Centered Design: En busca del Diseño Centrado en el Usuario, which also includes a proposal, this time for a more practical definition of UCD.
Some other proposals published on my blog trying to achieve better usability and UCD techniques:
- Rich web applications usability heuristics: selection of heuristics to evaluate 2.0 web interfaces.
- ‘UX interpretations’ as a UCD technique: proposal for a new technique to integrate traditional+UX requirements.
- Ship-boarding usability: minimum set of techniques to apply when usability is incorporated into ongoing projects.
- ‘Top lists’ as heuristics for simple usability evaluations: at least check you’re not making the most common mistakes.
- An approach to an integrated software-releases workflow: how you can organize your development environments to integrate testing and UX/usability.
I’ve done several reports in order to evaluate the accessibility conformance of several websites; some of them became part of public talks I gave, like this one about the accessibility of three websites belonging to government agencies.
How I can help you: SERVICIOS
Definir cómo deben ser tus páginas (pantallas) o cómo mejorar las actuales
Prototipado interfaces; evaluaciones usabilidad; pruebas con usuarios; …
Posicionamiento (SEO); responsive design; multinavegador y multiplataforma; accesibilidad web; …
Programar tus interfaces
Crear tu web o aplicación
CMS (Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress, Sitecore); e-commerce (PrestaShop, Open Cart); PHP; Windows 8; …
Entender mejor a tus usuarios y sus necesidades
Analítica; requisitos (casos de uso, roles y “personas”); entrevistas; …
Formar en nuevas tecnologías
Formación sobre usabilidad / UX (introducción; técnicas: prototipado, evaluaciones); accesibilidad; cursos introducción web; …