Who I am: ABOUT
Jordi Sánchez is an Information Systems Engineer and Masters Degree in HCI.
What I do: PORTFOLIO
Most of my work has been confidential, but here you are some samples…
(also some code in my GitHub repositories)
Border areas is where interesting things happen; so I work on both:
- interaction between humans and computers, performing, analyzing and reporting multiple techniques of usability and UCD, either as an external consultant as well as a member of a development team;
- integration of research tasks into professional projects, publishing some of my work through papers, courses, speeches, blogs, etc.
Meanwhile, I’ve been developing other skills: languages (HTML, CSS, PHP, Python, …); CMS like Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, Sitecore, …; SEO techniques; web analytics; Windows development; etc.
This personal website itself has been fully implemented by me using WordPress and responsive web design, and is hosted in an Amazon AWS hosting.
Other developments (Windows)
What is usability/UX/accessibility?
Slideshow used during my speech “Usabilidad, UX y accesibilidad: qué son y por qué deberían preocuparme”. I have given this talk in several places: VLCTesting, PalmaActiva, ParcBIT, Cambra Comerç Mallorca, …
Usability user testing
Execution and results of user tests performed for a Joomla! congress. Don’t miss the videos embedded in the slideshow!
Examples of quick informal usability evaluations published on my blog:
- Some design considerations on Softonic, a popular website for software downloads.
My personal project UCDmanager is a web application aimed to manage and document User-Centered Design and usability techniques, in an integrated manner: user roles, personas, heuristic evaluations, usability user testing, etc… Fully developed and maintaned by me using Drupal; includes a Windows app.
Research & dissemination
UX Magazine published my article about a proposal for a set of psychological usability heuristics, which includes a spreadsheet to apply them on real evaluations.
The Spanish magazine “No Solo Usabilidad” published my article about the real meaning of User-Centered Design: En busca del Diseño Centrado en el Usuario, which also includes a proposal, this time for a more practical definition of UCD.
Some other proposals published on my blog trying to achieve better usability and UCD techniques:
- Rich web applications usability heuristics: heuristics to evaluate 2.0 web interfaces.
- ‘UX interpretations’ as a UCD technique: a new technique to integrate traditional+UX requirements.
- Ship-boarding usability: minimum set of techniques to apply when usability is incorporated into ongoing projects.
- ‘Top lists’ as heuristics for simple usability evaluations: at least check you’re not making the most common mistakes.
- An approach to an integrated software-releases workflow: organize your development environments to integrate testing+UX.
I’ve done several reports in order to evaluate the accessibility conformance of several websites; some of them became part of public talks I gave, like this one about the accessibility of three websites belonging to government agencies.
How I can help you: SERVICIOS
Definir cómo deben ser tus páginas (pantallas) o cómo mejorar las actuales
Prototipado interfaces; evaluaciones usabilidad; pruebas con usuarios; …
Posicionamiento (SEO); responsive design; multinavegador y multiplataforma; accesibilidad web; …
Programar tus interfaces
Crear tu web o aplicación
CMS (Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress, Sitecore); e-commerce (PrestaShop, Open Cart); PHP; Windows 8; …
Entender mejor a tus usuarios y sus necesidades
Analítica; requisitos (casos de uso, roles y “personas”); entrevistas; …
Formar en nuevas tecnologías
Formación sobre usabilidad / UX (introducción; técnicas: prototipado, evaluaciones); accesibilidad; cursos introducción web; …